Monday, April 28, 2008

Tuesday's News

Some headlines I thought I saw in the news today. Perhaps I was wrong...hmmm...

  • A midget and a basketball player collided in a pedestrian accident this morning. A spokesperson for the fire department would not comment, other than to say the Jaws-of-Life had to be used.
  • A bear shit in the woods.
  • The President of Quitters Anonymous announced he's ending his term early.
  • A survey reports the most common name for a dog or cat: Peeve
  • The police disposed of bullet-proof vests and replaced them with bulletproof jackets and ties as vests were considered "too 70's"
  • Scientists announced that because of extensive drug tests on rats, they have been cured of all diseases...and they have two tails.
  • It was an odd theme night in the entertainment district on Saturday. During an earthquake, as people filed into dance clubs, they shook hands, shook their heads, then shook their booty to the song "Shook me all night long"
  • Due to the increased cost of gas and excess weight, airlines added yet another surcharge today, charging an additional $20 for anyone boarding the plane wearing socks.
  • The President of the United States said he's by-passing the two-term limit law by announcing the last term was actually all a dream.
  • And this is a real headline worded a bit strangely. Look at the list of raw ingredients.: "The brewer of Stella Artois and Beck's beer said Tuesday it was hiking prices to offset soaring costs for raw ingredients such as malt, barley and aluminum." -- This is why I like light beer. It has less aluminum...

The Drive for 1,000

Folks, as you can see by the hit counter in the lower-right corner, I'm sooooooooooo close to getting 1,000 hits. This is exciting news...well for me, at least. For all of you who read my blog -- all 3 of you -- I appreciate your continued support, comments and suggestions.

I offer this challenge: I'd like to hit 1,000 by the end of the week, if not earlier. Do you know of any friends who you think would enjoy my blog? Do you know of a website where I should advertise? Lets increase my audience. The bigger the audience, the more comments and suggestions I'll get and the more topics and ideas I'll have.

Does this smack of desperation? Damn right it does! So before I have to grovel, pass along my URL to others, and keep checking back for almost daily posts on just about everything random...

Thank you fur yur support.

Jeff

No comments: