Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Insurance and other things

Based on a few comments I received about my lightning picture making the news:

1) No, I didn't snap the picture of lightning by frantically pressing the button over and over until I got lightning in the picture. I left the shutter open for a minute at a time.

2) No, the Toronto Star didn't randomly call me up and ask me if I happened to have lightning pics on me (though that would've been flattering). They asked for submissions, so I submitted two pictures. They happened to like one of them.

Thoughts...

  • Honesty is the best policy. In close second is Life Insurance.
  • I can solve a Rubik's Cube in under 90 seconds -- under 60 seconds if the stickers are really loose.
  • I've got a beautiful mind -- though it looks horrible naked.
  • Life is too short to not have fun. But it's even shorter if you have too much fun.
  • I'd like to try bungee jumping with some of those small bungee cords you use for your car. Hook like 40 of them together and see how it goes, though I'm guessing I'll only be able to try that once.
  • I remember when I used to rent DVDs from a rental store. In order to establish a membership they'd ask for my license. It was only then I found out that apparently in order to rent a video, you also must be able to drive. Non-drivers are incapable of using a DVD player.

No comments: