Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday's Thoughts

You may be wondering what on earth possessed me to write the previous blog post. (If you haven't read it, I suggest you do.) The answer is simple. One word: Nyquil. 'Nough said. I will write a second part, however.
A few thoughts for your Friday afternoon (P.S. Spidey says hi):
  • The first pictures from the new Mars lander came back. It clearly showed a lost, elderly Jewish couple who're trying to get back to Miami.
  • An earthquake struck Canada. The US gave it a 5.9 on the Richter scale, but France only gave it a 5.2.
  • Have you noticed how old Harrison Ford looks in the latest Indiana Jones movie? At the rate they're going, the next Indy movie will be called Jurassic Park.
  • The next time someone tells me to "Guess what?!" -- I'm actually going to start guessing. If they try to stop me, I'll say, "No no. You told me to guess. Let me know when I'm close."
  • I'm glad it was a baseball player that came up with that whole sex analogy (i.e. first base, second base, etc). Can you imagine if it was a football player?
Man #1: "Sooooo, how'd you do with Carol last night?"
Man #2: "Dude, she was amazing! It was easily third and goal, and I faked a pass and went with a quarterback draw up the weak side -- if you know what I mean, nudge, nudge."
  • Japanese cooking is so easy. No matter how badly you undercook a fish, you can call it sushi.
  • I tried to stick it where the sun don't shine, but I don't know how to get to the dark side of the moon.
  • Irony: A kid can't wait to grow up and all grown-ups wish they could be kids again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL I liked the part about Harrison Ford.

Also.. totally right about the irony behind kids wanting to grow up and grown ups wanting to grow down. I feel like that now.

Maybe if kids drank at a younger age (which wouldn't be good) they wouldn't be in such a hurry to grow up. It's the wanting to be older so they can do older people things.

Older people want to be younger so they don't have to do older people things. lol