Sunday, March 9, 2008

Peru -- Day 4

First, and most importantly: my stomach upset update. I'm taking Immodium so all should settle down soon and I'm definitely improving. I skipped going for a run today. I find it interesting that two of the nicknames for having dirrhea include "the trots" and "the runs". I guess depending on how bad you have it, you're either trotting to the washroom or you're running. That being said, I have a case of the moseys.

I'm actually starting to crave american food now. There's a Burger King across the street from me, and I might just have to have a meal there, just to remind myself as to why I went to Peru in the first place.

I continue to have at least 2 glasses of fruit juice daily and one fish-related dish. I must also recommend lukoma (spelling?) ice cream. It's a fruit that's found here (and not in Toronto) and they make an ice cream flavour from it, amongst other things. It's amazing. No other way to describe it.

Tomorrow, I'm going to a chicken place near the mountains for lunch. Lima is an interesting place as it's right on the ocean, yet it's surrounded by mountains. It makes things quite scenic and interesting. A lot of the poorer people simply build shacks on the mountainside. Ironically, they have the best view, but on the worst property.

Speaking of poor, this evening I visited a poor neighbourhood, but smack-dab in the middle of it is this massive fountain park (for the lack of a better description). They have about 6 or 7 fountains doing a variety of different designs, tricks, and such.

I've attached a couple of pics here from that visit. I've been asked why I'm posting relatively crappy pics. This is because I don't have the time to truly "process" any of the pics properly, but once I get home, I'll be able to work on them and post them properly both here and to my Flickr website -- www.flickr.com/photos/jeffuwo

Ok, enough from me. I have to mosey...








No comments: